I have quite a wordy post today! There are many things I need to write down just so I remember everything. Please read the post, I'd appreciate it!
1. LFW Press Passes - Can I apply, have you ever applied, and what are your thoughts?
The applications for London Fashion Week are now open again. I'm completely clueless. Honestly, I don't know where to start. Am I entitled to apply for a pass? Should I? Do you think it's right? So many questions! Does my blog count as a publication? Oh please, just help me! I feel like I'm breaking some sort of rules filling the application in.
So what do I do when I've applied? Do I then personally email designers/companies?
If anyone can spare me a minute, I'd be so appreciative.
2. English Essay on Othello
Okay, I haven't got much to say. To cut a long story short, I've left it very late and now I'm writing this post while I probably should be typing the rest of a lengthy essay. But I'm not. Yet.
3. Tuition fees rise. I will be one of the first to suffer from this.
Another one that I can't quite put into words. There is a lack of communication going on between young people and the government. They're simply not listening. And what annoys me more is that some misguided young people my age seem to think the rise in fees is good, but only because they are too oblivious to other people's problems. My year will be the first to suffer as a result.
4. Music
I'm really liking some of the music coming out at the moment. I like it more when it's underrated. Here's Game Over by Tinchy Stryder. I only like Tinie Tempah/Example's bits. I don't know if I've heard Tinie Tempah rap like that for a while! I hate the fact that lots have these artists have turned to mixing their songs with pop music, but I love it when they come out with real music! I know they're just talking about themselves, but I don't really care.
5. The X Factor
Every week I find myself shouting at the TV. I'm glad Cher has gone, I can't believe she actually thought she would win. But the X Facor is producing so much manufactured rubbish now, I wouldnt have been surprised if she had won, actually.
I like Rebecca's voice, but she really ruined Corinne Bailey Rae for me.
On the other hand, the positives.
Anyone who watched X Factor this week will know that Rihanna was AMAZING this week! I love What's My Name too. Minus Drake. I hate Drake.
I really didn't used to like Rihanna, but I've rediscovered some of her old music and I see now that she's actually a very good all round artist. She can dance, sing, and she's just so cool! I think she's keeping R&B alive.
Dermot's reaction is hilarious!
6. Will I have a job by the end of this week?
I went for my interview, it went okay, but like an absolute idiot I forgot that Office and Aldo are probably Kurt Geiger's biggest competition. How did I forget that?! She probably thinks I'm completely clueless!
Anyway, that's it for now,
Serina x
27 comments:
I didn't used to but really do like rihanna too. I don't like her hair at the moment though, oh dear! The colour is gorgeous and it is better than that boy haircut she's had for the past year or so but a perm? really??
I have no idea about lfw I'm afraid :/ is it not online somewhere? they must have a website.
x
That is a wonderful list. I don't know about LFW but if you find out please write something about how to do it! I never even thought it was open to the public...
Ah Othello essays. Know the feeling. I like it when I'm allowed to go on a feminist rant about Desdomona, that's about it.
& Rihanna had a turning point for me at about the point of Rudeboy. I went to see her before I'd listened to the album (lucked into a ticket) & fell in love with her, on the basis of her legs alone, never mind the clothes the music the voice.
Good luck with the job! & thank you for your wonderful comments on my post. I can't believe there are still people who think it's good!? You must convince them otherwise!
Wow sounds like you have a lot of stuff to think about and do. I am completely clueless on most of the stuff here but I still enjoy reading about it :) I can only say that I completely agree with you about Rihanna, she has quickly become one of my favourite female artists of all time. Great post! Ella xx
natureswaysphotography.blogspot.com
i like rihanna's red hair
I saw the video of Rihanna on x factor today and it was an amazing performance!
Good luck with everything :) I shouldn't be blogging too at the moment, but trying to get all my work done. Those stupid deadlines...
I was wondering the same about London Fashion Week...apply, what's the harm?! Tuition fees...eugh, touchy subject! Depending on what you want to study I don't know if it's worth the oney anymore. I'm paying the normal amount right now and lecturers can't even reply to my emails...would be furious if I was paying £9000 for that!
check out our blog if you can, and let me know how you LFW application goes!
xx
yea apply for a pass iv been twice now so much fun x
sounds like a hectic time for you! lovely blog though :)
BM
thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com
XXX
awesome blog. love it!
Great blog you have here!
xoxo,
colormenana.blogspot.com
Good luck on your job!! Your blog is so nice :)
Agh, I know, Im so stressed about the LFW passes too. Just try it out? I'm confused where I can enter, after someone told me about it.. hanks for your very sweet comment, I just did a new post! Hoping to post regualrly now! Panda xp
Ahh, i can feel your stress through this post:( I'm sorryI I saw the protests against the tuition fees--it's horrible!! good luck:/
love rihanna xxx
yep, Rihanna's new song has been stuck in my head this past week!
That's so depressing about tuition. An education shouldn't cost a fortune :(
Yes I love Rihanna! She rocks and anyway I wish you can finish ur works soon and have a great weekend!xx
Wow, so many things going on!! Your blog is definitely considered a publication!! I'm not sure how London Fashion Week works, but you should absolutely be able to get a pass! Good luck with everything!
www.lovelywanderlust.com
Hi there,
your blog is great! Please have a look at my fashion blog too. Pretty Portobello blog.
See you soon.x
wow! LFW press pass applications? that sounds so amazing! i would DEFINITELY do it... that's so amazing. wowowowowow i'm jealousss!!! btw, good luck on everything else you are doing too :)
xx
I feel so bad for the English students about the rise in tuition fees! I hope the government will come up with the solution that will at least help the students out in some way. And what a lovely video! I always love discovering new music! xoxoxoxo
Just read your nice comment! I try hard to get back to most of the people that comment on my blog, but sometimes it can be hard since there is not enough time in a day for it! But I always want to stay connected to my readers and see what they are blogging about!
Oh, and good luck on finding a job! I am always so nervous when it comes to interviews, but I find that being myself is the best way to go about things.
xoxo,
colormenana.blogspot.com
this week seems like a very busy week for you!
i hope you can get the LFW pass and all the best as well in everything :)
err.. honestly i dont like rihanna's hair at the moment. perm? blimey somehow she looks older than she's suppose to be
xoxo
I don't know about LFW, I got an email saying you can apply for passes... but I'm from the Netherlands and besides I didn't really feel fit in the 4 options to apply... I mean am I really press? I don't believe so, but others seem to call bloggers press as well...
End of story, I didn't apply =) Hoping for AIFW though =D
Thanks for your advice on LFW, getting on that right now!
Have a wonderful xmas!
xx
p.s follow us on twitter if you have it @stylewhiskey
Who in the heck is Othello?!? haha
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting, I reply to all comments (or if I don't reply, I stop by at your blog!) x